20 Tips for Daily Bible Reading
1And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: 4And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. 5And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.
6And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done. 7Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book. 8And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. 9Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God. 10And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand. 11He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. 12And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 13I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. 14Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 15For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. 16I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. 17And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
18For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. 20He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. 21The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
20 Tips for Daily Bible Reading
Create a Fun Reading Space
1. Designate a cozy and inviting spot for daily Bible reading.
Choose a Study Bible
2. Choose a bible translation & study bible type that best suits your
Grab a journal, a pen, highlighters
bookmarks, page tabs, & notes to organize & save your place.
Download a Bible App
exercising, or doing household chores, maximizing your exposure to God’s
Focus on one theme
5. Choose a specific theme or topic to study for a period of time,
diving deeper into related passages for a comprehensive understanding.
Set Realistic Goals
6. Set daily reading goals to avoid being overwhelmed.
Select a reading time
7. Choose a set time to go before the Lord seeking insights & guidance
as you read daily.
Incorporate the use of study tools for a deeper understanding of the word
8. Build a solid foundation of God’s Word through the use of study
Pray Before Reading
9. Ask God to open your heart and mind, inviting the Holy Spirit to
illuminate the Scriptures as you read.
Use a Bible reading plan or devotional guide
10. Utilize devotional books or online resources that offer insights &
reflections to enhance your understanding of the passages.
Apply the word to your life through faith, speech & action
11. As you read the Word begin to emulate Christ’s behaviors &
Be patient with yourself
12. Approach the Bible with childlike faith & humility, acknowledging
that you may not fully grasp all its depths, but seek God’s revelation
with an open heart.
Create a worship playlist
13. Soothing worship medleys can thoroughly enhance your devotion time
Involve Family & Friends
14. Choose an accountability partner who will read with you & help you reach your goals.
Use Scripture Memorization
Factor in quiet time to hear from God
16. As the word ministers to you take time to write what you hear from
Embrace consistency over quantity
Use a habit tracker to track your progress daily
18. Remember that building a habit of daily Bible reading takes time and effort. Stay persistent in your commitment and trust God to help you do the rest
Join a local Bible study group
19. Connect with a ministry near you to grow in your understanding & knowledge of the Bible. Study groups communities share insights, discuss interpretations, and provide a space to learn from others perspectives including a Pastor/Shephard.
20. Celebrate your progress and milestones in your journey through God’s Word.