20 Tips for Daily Bible Reading
1The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: 2Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. 3Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand. 4John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; 5And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, 6And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. 7Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. 8I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
9I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. 10I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, 11Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. 12And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; 13And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. 14His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. 16And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. 17And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
19Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter; 20The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.
20 Tips for Daily Bible Reading
Create a Fun Reading Space
1. Designate a cozy and inviting spot for daily Bible reading.
Choose a Study Bible
2. Choose a bible translation & study bible type that best suits your
Grab a journal, a pen, highlighters
bookmarks, page tabs, & notes to organize & save your place.
Download a Bible App
exercising, or doing household chores, maximizing your exposure to God’s
Focus on one theme
5. Choose a specific theme or topic to study for a period of time,
diving deeper into related passages for a comprehensive understanding.
Set Realistic Goals
6. Set daily reading goals to avoid being overwhelmed.
Select a reading time
7. Choose a set time to go before the Lord seeking insights & guidance
as you read daily.
Incorporate the use of study tools for a deeper understanding of the word
8. Build a solid foundation of God’s Word through the use of study
Pray Before Reading
9. Ask God to open your heart and mind, inviting the Holy Spirit to
illuminate the Scriptures as you read.
Use a Bible reading plan or devotional guide
10. Utilize devotional books or online resources that offer insights &
reflections to enhance your understanding of the passages.
Apply the word to your life through faith, speech & action
11. As you read the Word begin to emulate Christ’s behaviors &
Be patient with yourself
12. Approach the Bible with childlike faith & humility, acknowledging
that you may not fully grasp all its depths, but seek God’s revelation
with an open heart.
Create a worship playlist
13. Soothing worship medleys can thoroughly enhance your devotion time
Involve Family & Friends
14. Choose an accountability partner who will read with you & help you reach your goals.
Use Scripture Memorization
Factor in quiet time to hear from God
16. As the word ministers to you take time to write what you hear from
Embrace consistency over quantity
Use a habit tracker to track your progress daily
18. Remember that building a habit of daily Bible reading takes time and effort. Stay persistent in your commitment and trust God to help you do the rest
Join a local Bible study group
19. Connect with a ministry near you to grow in your understanding & knowledge of the Bible. Study groups communities share insights, discuss interpretations, and provide a space to learn from others perspectives including a Pastor/Shephard.
20. Celebrate your progress and milestones in your journey through God’s Word.