20 Tips for Daily Bible Reading
1Now these are the names of the children of Israel, which came into Egypt; every man and his household came with Jacob. 2Reuben, Simeon, Levi, and Judah, 3Issachar, Zebulun, and Benjamin, 4Dan, and Naphtali, Gad, and Asher. 5And all the souls that came out of the loins of Jacob were seventy souls: for Joseph was in Egypt already.1.5 loins: Heb. thigh 6And Joseph died, and all his brethren, and all that generation.
7¶ And the children of Israel were fruitful, and increased abundantly, and multiplied, and waxed exceeding mighty; and the land was filled with them.
8Now there arose up a new king over Egypt, which knew not Joseph. 9And he said unto his people, Behold, the people of the children of Israel are more and mightier than we: 10Come on, let us deal wisely with them; lest they multiply, and it come to pass, that, when there falleth out any war, they join also unto our enemies, and fight against us, and so get them up out of the land. 11Therefore they did set over them taskmasters to afflict them with their burdens. And they built for Pharaoh treasure cities, Pithom and Raamses. 12But the more they afflicted them, the more they multiplied and grew. And they were grieved because of the children of Israel.1.12 But…: Heb. And as they afflicted them, so they multiplied, etc 13And the Egyptians made the children of Israel to serve with rigour: 14And they made their lives bitter with hard bondage, in morter, and in brick, and in all manner of service in the field: all their service, wherein they made them serve, was with rigour.
15¶ And the king of Egypt spake to the Hebrew midwives, of which the name of the one was Shiphrah, and the name of the other Puah: 16And he said, When ye do the office of a midwife to the Hebrew women, and see them upon the stools; if it be a son, then ye shall kill him: but if it be a daughter, then she shall live. 17But the midwives feared God, and did not as the king of Egypt commanded them, but saved the men children alive. 18And the king of Egypt called for the midwives, and said unto them, Why have ye done this thing, and have saved the men children alive? 19And the midwives said unto Pharaoh, Because the Hebrew women are not as the Egyptian women; for they are lively, and are delivered ere the midwives come in unto them. 20Therefore God dealt well with the midwives: and the people multiplied, and waxed very mighty. 21And it came to pass, because the midwives feared God, that he made them houses. 22And Pharaoh charged all his people, saying, Every son that is born ye shall cast into the river, and every daughter ye shall save alive.
20 Tips for Daily Bible Reading
Create a Fun Reading Space
1. Designate a cozy and inviting spot for daily Bible reading.
Choose a Study Bible
2. Choose a bible translation & study bible type that best suits your
Grab a journal, a pen, highlighters
bookmarks, page tabs, & notes to organize & save your place.
Download a Bible App
exercising, or doing household chores, maximizing your exposure to God’s
Focus on one theme
5. Choose a specific theme or topic to study for a period of time,
diving deeper into related passages for a comprehensive understanding.
Set Realistic Goals
6. Set daily reading goals to avoid being overwhelmed.
Select a reading time
7. Choose a set time to go before the Lord seeking insights & guidance
as you read daily.
Incorporate the use of study tools for a deeper understanding of the word
8. Build a solid foundation of God’s Word through the use of study
Pray Before Reading
9. Ask God to open your heart and mind, inviting the Holy Spirit to
illuminate the Scriptures as you read.
Use a Bible reading plan or devotional guide
10. Utilize devotional books or online resources that offer insights &
reflections to enhance your understanding of the passages.
Apply the word to your life through faith, speech & action
11. As you read the Word begin to emulate Christ’s behaviors &
Be patient with yourself
12. Approach the Bible with childlike faith & humility, acknowledging
that you may not fully grasp all its depths, but seek God’s revelation
with an open heart.
Create a worship playlist
13. Soothing worship medleys can thoroughly enhance your devotion time
Involve Family & Friends
14. Choose an accountability partner who will read with you & help you reach your goals.
Use Scripture Memorization
Factor in quiet time to hear from God
16. As the word ministers to you take time to write what you hear from
Embrace consistency over quantity
Use a habit tracker to track your progress daily
18. Remember that building a habit of daily Bible reading takes time and effort. Stay persistent in your commitment and trust God to help you do the rest
Join a local Bible study group
19. Connect with a ministry near you to grow in your understanding & knowledge of the Bible. Study groups communities share insights, discuss interpretations, and provide a space to learn from others perspectives including a Pastor/Shephard.
20. Celebrate your progress and milestones in your journey through God’s Word.